Rough draft
You know when you love someone,
and you want to work things out?
You grow so tall
That you can't hear them shout?
You lean and lean
Till you're hitting the floor
Then you're so low
You can't hear them any more
You stand on a chair
To get a better look
And get caught in their hair
Stuck in a nook
All tangled and twisted
Thought you'd hear,
But you've seem to have missed it
It's still not coming in clear.
You cut your feet
So you can see eye to eye
You realized you've chopped too much
when you're staring at a thigh.
You try and try
Bending and standing
Tall and then shy
But it's all too demanding
Then you ask yourself, why?
Why do I bend
Why do I stand
Is all of this worth
The companion at hand?
Then the other leans too,
and you ask, what did you yell?
I said " I love you..
You say "Oh, I couldn't tell"
..You were standing so far
..your ears could not hear"
You say, "Why did you yell?"
The other says
"Darling, you were not near"
So listen kids, lean in close
And hold on tight
Look real sharp
And keep things light
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment